10 Tips for Women Travellers
Whether you're traveling solo for work or pleasure every woman in every country needs to remember to be aware at all times. It's the only thing we can do to ensure safety for ourselves.
1. Do some research about the place you are going beforehand. Tripadvisor, travel blogs, and even Google Maps can help you familiarize yourself.
2. Choose an Airbnb with a lot of reviews.
3. Relay your travel itinerary with someone back home, just in case.
4. Take pictures of all your important documents like your passport and tickets, hotel reservations, etc. Secure these in a place like Dropbox just in case you lose your phone or laptop.
5. Get a SIM card upon arrival. Even if you don't know anybody in the country, you never know when you'll need it.
6. Pack light. Nothing says, “Rob me” like four Louis Vuitton trunks.
7. Don't keep all your money in one place. The card on you, some change in your other pocket, ATM card in the hotel safe.
8. Write down the name of your hotel for taxi drivers who don’t speak the same language as you.
9. Snap a picture of your taxi’s license plate or ID card inside the car.
10. When you're in the taxi or on the street, pick up your phone and pretend to make a call. Speak loudly so passing men can hear you talking to someone on the other end. "l'll arrive at the hotel in 5 minutes."
11. Track your cab on Google Maps so you know if you are going off course.
12. Drink in moderation. We don’t want anyone to take advantage of you.